Brian oversees the global Debt & Structured Finance practice at CBRE. Under his leadership, approximately 160 professionals have originated roughly $216 billion in loan volume since 2007. Additionally, this practice maintains a loan services portfolio of more than $145 billion globally.
Brian has extensive experience in the origination, structuring, placement, closing and servicing of commercial real estate debt for life insurance companies, pension funds, banks, savings and loans, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, FHA and Wall Street sources.
Prior to the CB Richard Ellis acquisition of L.J. Melody in 1996, Brian was Senior Vice President and Southwest Regional Manager for CB Commercial’s mortgage banking division. Brian began his career with Coldwell Banker Commercial in 1981 and became a senior real estate finance officer in the firm’s La Jolla, California, office.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Mortgage Bankers Association – vice chairman of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee; chairman of Audit Committee; Commercial Real Estate/Multifamily Finance Board of Governors; past Chairman of task force on GSE Reform and Capital Markets Committee
- Urban Land Institute – Member Office Development Council
- Contributor to and author of numerous industry articles published in national and local publications
- Experienced guest speaker, panelist and moderator for numerous organizations and industry conferences nationwide
- San Diego State University, Master of Business Administration; Finance
- California State University, Fullerton, Bachelor of Arts, Accounting; Minor, Real Estate