As a member of the Financial Services team, Dan advises national, regional and community banks in all aspects of their business, with a focus on secured commercial lending. Dan has represented lenders in documenting and structuring construction, bridge, mezzanine and permanent loans, as well as syndicated and participated credit facilities. Dan also helps his clients resolve troubled commercial loans, through loan sales, workouts, foreclosures, collections and lender-liability litigation, mechanic’s lien litigation, contested receivership litigation, bankruptcy representation, and REO sales.
Dan is particularly interested in creating custom solutions to help commercial lenders manage their legal processes. In partnership with his lending clients, Dan has developed and implemented technology-driven systems and processes, which enable the cost-effective and efficient delivery of routine legal services. Dan’s noteworthy legal accomplishments include:
- Developed and implemented a uniform, streamlined system to quickly and efficiently move real estate collateral through foreclosure to REO sales, in partnership with all stakeholders in the REO sales process. Using this system, Dan documented and closed over 100 commercial and residential REO sales for a regional bank, with a total value in excess of $75 million.
- Represented national lender in negotiation and documentation of $17.6 million construction loan facility.
- Advised Canadian hedge fund in negotiation and documentation of $4 million loan facility, secured by oil and gas interests.
Prior to practicing law, Dan worked as a consultant in the areas of business valuation, quantitative modeling, and price and risk forecasting at The International Finance Corporation (World Bank Group), The Export-Import Bank of the United States, ICF International, and McGladrey.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Colorado Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Real Estate Subsections
- Denver Bar Association