Jake is the President of NAI Affinity (formerly known as Chrisland, Inc.). The Affinity Real Estate Partners family of companies includes NAI Affinity, a Northern Colorado based commercial real estate brokerage firm, which is an affiliate of NAI Global, and Affinity Partners, LLC, a real estate investment and development company.
Jake has brokered hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of complicated land, investment and commercial real estate transactions. Notable transactions include: many land sales within the 2534 mixed-use, master planned community, the sale of large development sites for master planned communities, the sale of The Preserve at the Meadows, a 220 unit Class A apartment community in Fort Collins, sales of development land for approximately 3,500 multifamily units (including market rate, LIHTC, senior care and senior age restricted communities), representing an affiliate of the Eye Center of Northern Colorado in the acquisition of a 30,000 square foot best in class office property, representing Midwest Engineered Systems, Inc. in the acquisition of a 47,000 square foot manufacturing building in Loveland, CO, subsequently brokering a lease for the facility with Rubadue Wire and then brokering the sale of the property as an off-market investment, representing Rodelle, Inc. in a 30,000 square foot expansion of their existing Fort Collins, CO facility, sales of triple net leased investment properties, medical office build-to-suits, and numerous other sale and lease transactions.
Jake’s prior experience includes serving as Assistant Project Manager for Peak 7 Construction, LLC, a Breckenridge, Colorado based general contracting arm of a resort development and management company. While at Peak 7 Construction, Jake worked on the Grand Lodge on Peak 7, a $100,000,000 time share project.
Jake has held leadership positions in many non-profit and trade organizations including: co-founder and co-chairman of the Northern Colorado Urban Land Institute (ULI) committee, serving on the ULI Colorado state executive committee and state multifamily product council, serving as president of the board of directors and asset management committee chairman for Neighbor to Neighbor (a Larimer County based affordable housing non-profit) and serving on the development committee for CARE Housing (also a Larimer County based affordable housing non-profit). Jake also regularly guest lectures in real estate courses and speaks at Everitt Real Estate Club meetings at Colorado State University.
Jake is a graduate of the Colorado State University College of Business where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (Real Estate and Financial Planning concentrations and Construction Management minor). He also earned a Master of Science degree in Real Estate and Construction Management from the Franklin L. Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management at the University of Denver, where he was honored as the 2011 Society of Office and Industrial Realtors (SIOR) Scholarship award winner and the 2012 Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Scholarship award winner.
Jake holds a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation, which is achieved by less than six percent of commercial real estate professionals nationally. He was also named to the Northern Colorado Business Report’s 2013 40 Under Forty list, which honored 40 professionals under the age of forty for their professional and community contributions.
Education, Recognition, and Affiliations
• Master of Science degree in Real Estate and Construction Management from the Franklin L. Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management at the University of Denver
• Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (Real Estate and Financial Planning concentrations and Construction Management Minor) from Colorado State University
• Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
• Urban Land Institute Colorado Executive Committee, Multifamily Product Council, and NoCo Committee Co-Chairman
• Member, International Council of Shopping Centers
• Past President, Board of Directors & Chairperson, Asset Management Committee, Neighbor to Neighbor
• Member, Generation United, a United Way of Larimer County Initiative
• Member, Colorado State University’s Everitt Real Estate Center
• Institute Affiliate Member, National Association of Realtors
• Member of the Northern Colorado Business Report’s 2013 40 Under Forty list
• Member, Alpha Sigma Gamma, The International Real Estate Honorary Society