Denver’s retail scene stacks up well compared to other trendy cities across the country.
The latest CBRE retail report compared Denver, by a number of metrics, to other cities as well as to the U.S.
“Compared to peer markets, Denver’s retail growth is reasonable and its absorption of space is hearty,” according to the CBRE report released earlier this year.
CBRE compared Denver to Austin, Texas; Las Vegas; Phoenix; Salt Lake City, San Diego; and Seattle.
CBRE experts will be among more than two dozen brokers, developers, architects and financiers speaking at the next retail conference sponsored by the Colorado Real Estate Journal.
CREJ retail conference on tap
The 2019 Retail Summit & Conference will be held from noon until 4:45 p.m. Jan. 14.
The retail conference is expected to draw 400 or more. It is expected to be the largest conference of its kind in the Denver area this year.
In addition to CBRE, brokers from SRS Real Estate Partners, David Hicks Lampert, Urban Legend Retail, Newmark Knight Frank, HFF and JLL will share their market insights.
Panel members at the conference include:
- Jon Weisiger – senior vice president, CBRE;
- Tony Pierangeli – senior vice president & market leader, SRS Real Estate Partners;
- Kenneth A. Himel – broker, David Hicks Lampert;
- Kelly Greene – president, Urban Legend Retail;
- Justin Kliewer – vice president, Advisory & Transaction Services, retail, CBRE;
- Dan Rodriguez – senior associate, Advisory & Transaction Services, retail, CBRE;
- Jay P. Carlson – managing broker/principal, Front Range Commercial;
- Kristoffer Kenton – director of architecture, partner, Galloway
- Todd Guthrie – president, W.E. O’Neil Construction Co.;
- Scott R. Higa – AIA, NCARB – principal, G3 Architecture;
- Ashley Stiles – vice president commercial development, Northern Colorado, McWhinney;
- Christopher Viscardi – director of development, Kentro Group;
- Carl Schmidtian – principal, Galloway;
- Riki Hashimoto – executive managing director, Newmark Knight Frank Capital Markets
- Chad Murray – director, HFF Inc.;
- Jason Schmidt – executive vice president, Capital Markets, JLL;
- Brad Lyons – executive vice president, CBRE;
- Peter Keepper – principal, Essex Financial Group;
- Tyler Carlson – managing principal, Evergreen;
- Allen Ginsborg – managing director & principal, NewMark Merrill Mountain States;
- Steve Shoflick – president & COO, Miller Real Estate Investments;
- Lee Koons, CCIM – assistant vice president, Lincoln Property Co.;
- Scott Menefee – senior development director, Holland Partner Group;
- Carl Koelbel – vice president of acquisitions and development, Koelbel & Co.; and
- Jon Hauser, – president, Drake Real Estate
Topics will include:
- An industry forecast and retailer review;
- An update of the Colorado Springs retail market;
- Construction and Design: Costs, Trends, Hot Topics;
- A panel on retailers, restaurants and grocers;
- Investment brokerage and finance; and
- Industry leaders in developments and investments.